It was a disgraceful outing at the Etihad stadium on sunday evening when Chelsea were massacred by a devouring Manchester city attack.
Chelsea attack were nowhere to be found during the encounter, leaving the defence vulnerable to Manchester city attacks.
After the loss to Manchester city, several fans were routing for the sack of Maurizio Sarri for the disgraceful result they got.
But what i think is different, why calling for the sack of Maurizio Sarri, what Chelsea needs is restructing.
Yes’ i think so. You want to know why? Then please read on.
• Guus Hiddink was at Chelsea for his second stint at the club, but could not retain the post after taking charge on interim basis. (= 1)
• Antonio Conte came to Chelsea and won the Premier League title for the club. Now that is an achievement, however the team failed to replicate the same form the following season and Conte was sacked. (=2 )
• Maurizio Sarri just took over at the club and he hasn’t gotten a trophy, the results isn’t going in favour of the club.
Tenures of the two coach coaches mention above did not favour young players at the club. Right now, Sarri’s tunure is taking the same part.
They were all after the already established players and were never ready to risk any position to young players that hasn’t established himself.
Conte left and Sarri took charge, still the same fate for the young players at the club.
A practical example is Callum Hudson-Odoi, due to his lack of first team football, the young player started thinking of a move elswhere and European giants, FC Bayern Munich were on his trail.
Bayern knew what he can offer, that has made them continue their chase on the youngster.
If Maurizio Sarri had given young players a chance to shine, there could have been greater productivity and competition in the first team.
Young players are hungrier to play, if given the chance they can impress. Clubs like Bayern Munich give chance to young players to perform at the highest level.
Some young players in Chelsea’s first team
Name Age Position
• Marcin Bulka 19 (Goalkeeper)
• Jamie Cumming 19 (GoalKeeper)
• Ethan Ampadu 18 (Defender)
• George McEachran 18 (Midfielder)
• Callum Hudson-Odoi 18 (Attacker)
These young players are not given the opportunity to impress, only Hudson-Odoi has been given an opportunity to feature.
Young players are the future of the club, if they’re utilized, then they’ll get used to the club’s philosophy.
What Chelsea need right now is full restructuring and not the sack of the coach. Young players should be given more opportunity to play first team football.